Assignment 3: Personal genomicsEdit
- Look for an email from 23andMe in your UVM email account (should arrive within 24 hours)
- Click on the link in the email and set up a free 23andMe account. Note that you are not required to purchase an analysis kit for your own genome.
- Log in and view genomic analysis results from John Burke (look under "My Results" and select a topic from among the health and ancestry choices)
- Choose one or a group of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), genes, medical conditions, traits, or ancestry results and create a wiki page about it.
- In your wiki page, describe the association between the SNP(s) and the observed phenotypes, with a discussion of the scientific basis for the association between genotype and phenotype.
- What lessons should I personally learn from my genotype?
Links to student articles written in response to this assignmentEdit
(*please put a link to your article here soon after you start working on it; no need to wait until you think it's complete)
6. Atrial Fibrillation by Ben Adamik
7. Hemochromatosis by Justin Hawk
8. Eye Color by Gaelin Kopec-Belliveau
9. Restless Leg Syndrome by Dan Spitzer
12. Multiple sclerosis (MS) by Tjjohns
14. Bitter Taste Perception by Sarah Ross
18. Hair Color by Spaisley
26. Maple Syrup Urine Disease by Daniel Moroney
29. Gastric Adenocarcinoma by Daniel.Burukhin